Saturday, March 4, 2017

Still Life Book Review #3

I'd have to admit that this book was a little bit harder for me to get into than most. But I opened my imagination an really dug into it. Still Life is the second book in the Chesapeake Valor mini series, it's about a young woman named Avery Tate who is a former crime scene photographer. In this book her best friend since childhood has gone missing an she is determined that she will find her an find her alive. The fact that she is working with a past lover does not make her job any easier! So now she's faced with her past haunting her and her friends possible death! The more her and her friends dig into the mystery the closer they get to some death defying truths!         
                                                                                             
I was kind of disappointed when reading this because I thought it was going to be a great mystery and the more I got into it the more I realized it had quite a bit of romance in it. I am not a big romance fan so for me Pettrey went too far on that topic. The mystery itself is very big an so it should be while it is a missing/possible murder. I like how Pettrey puts her own enthusiasm into it an makes you wonder how it happened an who did it. She keeps you in your toes that's for sure! So if you like mystery and romance in the same book than I would highly recommend you reading it! However, if you're like me and you don't care for a lot of romance than I wouldn't suggest you reading Still Life.




Because of my honest review Bethany House Publisher has sent me a free copy of this book. I would highly recommend to anyone who loves mystery and romance combined. 


No comments:

Post a Comment